Saturday, August 29, 2009

After all these years and this is what they do to me.......

This morning as I was driving thru for my morning pick me up, I was informed that Sonic is doing away with their 99 cent sticker coupon for a Route 44. As I was told this devastating news, (CPR was required, this means I gulped my Route 44), I asked how soon this travesty would take place, and I was informed it would take about a month. I was also told that Sonic would extend happy hour an extra hour, (Big Whoop). As I drove off and I pushed the button to roll up my window, which doesn't work due to stopping at Sonic way to much for about 7 years, I don't get angry over it because I am getting a route 44 for 99 cents. Now I am ticked. After all of my faithfulness, getting to know those people who fill my cup with that blessed caffeine this is what they do to me. Please tell me now what do I do in the morning, after I drop off the 4 hoodlums, my gift is a Route 44 for 99 cents. As I pondered this news on my way home I have come to the conclusion that 7-11 is the answer. As I drove by one, which there is one on every corner, I realized it just won't work, they need better cups, better ice, lower price, and most importantly a drive thru window. But then I thought my window is going out and maybe I could get used to the slippery plastic cups and large ice cubes, but it just wouldn't be the same. I think I'll write to the corporate offices of Sonic in Oklahoma City and plead my case.

6 comments:

Jerlynne said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! When you're lobbying the corporate office - tell them to have a morning happy hour. I won't know what to do with myself if I don't start my order with, "Hi - I have a 99 cent sticker..."

VivaLasFloyds said...

what the hell!!!!!!!

please tell me that tom is not going along with this...what sonic were you at????

K and K Steindorf said...

Well, I personally think that the kids have written to the corporate office with the help of their father to see if this would stop the habit!! I bet they had to draw straws at the sonic to tell you the bad news!! Next thing you know they won't sell the ice to you and then what???? I'll just stick to my 5:30 glass of wine, it really does a lot for me!!!

Craig and Christy said...

Lisa, I'm so, so sorry. I'm wishing you much strenght during thses trying times. I know how much it meant to you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! What ever will you do??? I never pass a Sonic that I don't think of you! I'll keep you in my prayers. I hear withdrawls are the pits!!!! Got to love that Lisa!

VivaLasFloyds said...

did you hear the news...Tom is keeping the 99 cent sticker!!!

all is well again.