Sunday, December 20, 2009

It was supposed to be calm and clear......

We traveled to Utah on December 4th to spend Christmas with our families. The weather was supposed to be beautiful but you know I was listening to the weatherman in Nevada. Their big story is wind. This white stuff was delivered for our enjoyment along with a 17 degree high.
The boys prior to Aunt Anne cutting their hair. Now, Trevor can find his jacket instead of Aunt Jer's. That boy could not see and his neck pain will go away now that he won't have to throw his bangs to see.
The kids love playing games and of course posing for pictures in front of Grandma's tree.
We were able to open presents with everyone and enjoy watching cousins opening their gifts as well as grandma and grandpa.
After digging out our car we ventured to Clearfield for Brett's nephew's wedding. We left my parents house and it was pouring snow and we venture 6 miles away and its clear as a bell. Crazy!

This was the residue our poor car endured to get us home and out of that snow infested land. My poor van, as we drove down I-15 at 20 mph due to the black ice and blowing snow, cars were swerving everywhere. Brett layed on the horn and it just kept honking, it was frozen, or my car was pissed that we put her through so much turmoil. By the point of the mountain it finally stopped. We endured many finger gestures down I-15.


Our next worthy destination was more cousins in St. George. We could finally breathe, the sun was shining, there was none of the yuck on the ground. The kids ran and got their wiggles out to endure the ride to Vegas.
We ventured to see Santa so everyone could get their orders in for Christmas. Avery has grown so much over the last 3 months that Trevor had to sit on Santa's lap. He wasn't very happy.
The best thing that came out of our Utah trip was that 3 strong willed women talked me into a DVR. This beautiful piece of equipment was installed and we are enjoying recording shows that we always miss due to not being home. So thanks for the pep talk, now I won't miss my oc housewives, modern family, or any other smut that's out there. Thanks girls!!!!!

5 comments:

dorthyinoz said...

I love this post! I can miss the snow since we so rarely get it. I think several members of our family would have total breakdowns if our DVR was broken - we totally rely on ours. Merry Christmas

McQuivey Family said...

Worthy destination! I like that one!

K and K Steindorf said...

I love all of the pics, thanks for updating, and the car story is priceless. We endure this for three months. I am so glad to see the DVR!!!

Jerlynne said...

Were you on the receiving or giving end of the hand gestures? That is the question (I've been on the phone with you when you are driving you know)! Fun pictures. I'm glad the sales job on the DVR worked - soon you'll have them on every TV. Can we talk about a High Def TV now?

Craig and Christy said...

Hey Lisa! Love the story of the honking mini van. And a big congrats on the DVR. Your life will never be the same!